Brave is an award winning, integrated agency specialising in Design, Digital and Marketing expertise. Since 2000, Brave has always believed in delivering work which Begins with data and Ends with results, we call it our ‘Beginning to End’ journey. As a collective, we’re able to give our clients an agile, nimble and dynamic experience. BE.AMITIOUS!
The agency is actively seeking an experienced Front End Developer to join their team and help support their growth strategy within the Digital department. The Front End Developer will be responsible for bringing internal and external ideas to life and supporting the ambition of the digital delivery team. This role will bring a hands on approach to high level technical innovation and creative thinking to deliver cutting edge digital campaigns using data sources, social media, interactive and mobile technologies.
Who are Brave?
We’re dedicated and passionate about creating awesome projects. We are a team of specialists who are proud to deliver bespoke work for our clients. We cover all things from branding through to digital and we’re able to fuse them together with real synergy.
As an Integrated Agency, we don’t outsource, we keep designers and developers in-house to ensure we create high quality, well rounded and fit-for-purpose solutions for every one of our client’s requirements. We make take time to discuss our clients’ needs and plan out every step before we start each design, marketing or digital project. We never stop thinking about the user journey and always push ourselves to deliver results. If you’re looking to join the team and think you may have the required experience to strengthen our team, we’d love to hear from you.
What will you be doing?
Your role will involve working with an impressive and growing portfolio of clients supporting new developments and features on their websites whilst also working occasionally on entirely new projects from scratch. You will be working alongside a talented team of passionate, friendly, like-minded, inspirational front end developers, backend developers, marketers and designers who will support you throughout.
Why join Brave?
Out of all the other agencies out there, why should you choose BRAVE? Well, aside from being a really friendly bunch of normal people:
- We win awards!
- Performance related appraisals.
- Super fun team outings.
- Flexible working hours – subject to discussion.
- A competitive salary based on skills, experience and value.
- 28 days annual leave including Bank Holidays.
- Extra day off for your Birthday! We care 🙂
- Flexibility when you really need it.
- Modern Gym and country park on the doorstep.
- Located in one of the nicest business locations in the Peterborough area.
- We’re a team, we love working together and challenge each other. This is how we produce the best possible work for our lovely clients.
- Copious amounts of milk, coffee and tea, 5 days a week.
- Breakfast butties on a Friday morning – subject to team/business performance.
- Access to the studio’s table tennis, golf putting green, table football & games console – we’re a competitive bunch!
- Workplace pension optional.
- We’re a really great place to spend your time, plus you’ll get rewarded with more than just your salary.
- We’re connected, Brave is situated within easy commutes from the A1 and A47, plus only 45mins from London.
Key elements of the role
Working closely with the Digital Project Management team and other key team members on backend development for our client’s websites and marketing projects, you will be proud to deliver robust code to a high standard which you have tested thoroughly yourself prior to user acceptance testing.
Passionate about front-end development and design, you will enjoy collaborating closely with the UX and design teams to cut up PSDs and deliver accessible HTML/CSS designs for multiple implementations. Whilst your coding ability is hugely relevant, you will also be someone who believes that the conceptual and creative components are just as important at times when needed.
SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
- Good front-end development experience (HTML, CSS).
- An understanding and experience of engaging design, intuitive UI and strong UX.
- Proficient & comfortable with Responsive Design.
- Bootstrap / Foundation experience preferred.
- Attention to detail. Strong QA standards.
- Confident with standards based, cross-browser, multi-device development.
- Proficient with Sass or LESS.
- An understanding of building websites with consideration to accessibility.
- Experience of delivering work within an Agile environment.
- An understanding of version control (ideally git).
- Excellent interpersonal, time management and communication skills.
- We work as a team at Brave, must be a team player.
IDEAL BUT NOT ESSENTIAL
- Experience of website speed optimisation (Front End).
- Some experience with build tools or task runners – such as Codekit, Gulp or Grunt.
- Experience with local development environments such as MAMP, Vagrant or Docker.
- Some knowledge of Front End Templating languages.
- A Basic understanding of building sites with SEO best practices in mind.
- WordPress Template Customisation / Build.
- Magento 1 Theme Customisation / Build.
- Magento 2 Theme Customisation / Build.
- Familiarity with PHP, and PHP Frameworks (Cake, Laravel, Symfony etc).
- Familiarity with SSH / SFTP.
- A Computer Science Degree (or comparable).
- Previous experience in a digital environment (freelance or in house).
- An understanding of what makes online cultures tick.
You must live within commutable distance of Peterborough, Cambridgeshire and have an impressive portfolio of experience that you can send alongside your CV and your expected salary expectation.
Provide an indication of role level – and your salary expectation as a guide.
If you feel that you tick most of the boxes but not all, please get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org