January 29th, 2018
The plan of attack
Well, that was a not-so-brief rundown on Google Maccabees and the three things that you need to address in order for your website to be safe. As mentioned previously, none of these changes should have really come as a shock to any SEO, as Google is really just cracking down on things it has warned us all about for ages anyway.
However, for those of you who have seen significant changes to Organic SEO traffic and rankings, or who still suffer from these issues, now is the time to get them sorted!
So, here’s a quick recap of what the issues are and what you need to do about them.
- Issue: The use of multiple landing pages targeting variations of the same keyword.
- Fix: Remove excess pages and focus on a single, high quality page to capture all variations of the same keyword.
Non-friendly mobile website
- Issue: Non-responsive website or separate mobile site on a subdomain.
- Fix: Immediate investment in a fully responsive, high quality website.
Lack of Schema tagging
- Issue: No Schema use on the website, or incorrect implementation of Schema.
- Fix: Carefully plan out which Schema needs to be on which page, and implement the markup code correctly.
All three of these are complex issues that need to be addressed very carefully, although some are more difficult than others. However, that isn’t to say that just anyone could carry out the necessary fixes.
If done correctly, each of the required fixes will have the potential for huge growth for your website. If done incorrectly, they could potentially ruin the website as well. However, as Google Maccabees has now made these changes imperative, you absolutely need to make sure they are implemented by someone who knows what they are doing!
With that in mind, we have been implementing these fixes on our clients’ websites for the past few years, in preparation for the day when an update like Google Maccabees inevitably arrived.
Therefore, if you are worried about getting your redirect strategy wrong and losing all of your equity, we can help you to ensure that it is put in place correctly. If you are in need of a high quality, fully responsive website, that is tested by both experienced developers and actual SEO experts, then we have been doing just that for years. And finally, if you’re in need of getting Schema installed or fixed, we have the experience with it to get it right, not just in terms of implementation, but also right for you and your website.
So, if you need help with any of these issues, or just want to discuss what you need to do to fix them, get in touch today!