Brave is an award winning, integrated agency specialising in Design, Digital and Marketing expertise. Since 2000, Brave has always believed in delivering work which Begins with data and Ends with results, we call it our ‘Beginning to End’ journey. As a collective, we’re able to give our clients an agile, nimble and dynamic experience. BE.AMBITIOUS!
Summary of Front End Developer
The agency is actively seeking an experienced Front End Developer to join their team and help support their growth strategy within the Digital department. The Front End Developer will be responsible for bringing internal and external ideas to life and supporting the ambition of the digital delivery team. This role will bring a hands on approach to high level technical innovation and creative thinking to deliver cutting edge digital campaigns using data sources, social media, interactive and mobile technologies.
Who are Brave?
We’re dedicated and passionate about creating awesome projects. We are a team of specialists who are proud to deliver bespoke work for our clients. We cover all things from branding through to digital and we’re able to fuse them together with real synergy.
As an Integrated Agency, we don’t outsource, we keep designers and developers in-house to ensure we create high quality, well rounded and fit-for-purpose solutions for every one of our client’s requirements. We make take time to discuss our clients’ needs and plan out every step before we start each design, marketing or digital project. We never stop thinking about the user journey and always push ourselves to deliver results. If you’re looking to join the team and think you may have the required experience to strengthen our team, we’d love to hear from you.
Your role will involve working with an impressive and growing portfolio of clients supporting new developments and features on their websites whilst also working occasionally on entirely new projects from scratch. You will be working alongside a talented team of passionate, friendly, like-minded, inspirational front-end developers, backend developers, marketers and designers who will support you throughout.
Key elements of the role
Working closely with the Development Team Leader and other key team members on backend development for our client’s websites and marketing projects, you will be proud to deliver robust code to a high standard which you have tested thoroughly yourself prior to user acceptance testing.
Passionate about front-end development and design, you will enjoy collaborating closely with the UX and design teams to cut up PSDs and deliver accessible HTML/CSS designs for multiple implementations. Whilst your coding ability is hugely relevant, you will also be someone who believes that the conceptual and creative components are just as important at times when needed.
- Good front-end development experience (HTML, CSS).
- An understanding and experience of engaging design, intuitive UI and strong UX.
- WordPress Template Customisation / Build.
- Proficient & comfortable with Responsive Design.
- Bootstrap / Foundation experience preferred.
- Confident with standards based, cross-browser, multi-device development.
- Proficient with Sass or LESS.
- An understanding of building websites with consideration to accessibility.
- Experience of delivering work within an Agile environment.
- An understanding of version control (ideally git).
- Excellent interpersonal, time management and communication skills.
- We work as a team at Brave, must be a team player.
Required Qualifications / Experience
IDEAL BUT NOT ESSENTIAL
- Experience of website speed optimisation (Front End).
- Some experience with build tools or task runners – such as Codekit, Gulp or Grunt.
- Experience with local development environments such as MAMP or Vagrant.
- Some knowledge of Front End Templating languages.
- A Basic understanding of building sites with SEO best practices in mind.
- Magento 1 Theme Customisation / Build.
- Familiarity with PHP, and PHP Frameworks (Cake, Laravel, Symfony etc).
- Familiarity with SSH / SFTP.
- A Computer Science Degree (or comparable).
- Previous experience in a digital environment (freelance or in house).
- An understanding of what makes online cultures tick.
You must live within commutable distance of Peterborough, Cambridgeshire and have an impressive portfolio of experience that you can send alongside your CV and your expected salary expectation.
Provide an indication of role level – and your salary expectation as a guide.
Hours: Full-time, 37.5 Per Week
Accepting Applications Until: 31st December 2020
Stone House, 30 Thorpe Wood,
Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, PE3 6SR