Brave Agency is an award winning, integrated agency specialising in Design, Digital and Marketing expertise. Ever since its inception in 2000, Brave has always strongly believed in delivering work which Begins with data and Ends with results, we call it our ‘Beginning to End’ journey. As a collective, we’re able to give our clients an agile, nimble and dynamic experience. BE.AMBITIOUS!
We are actively seeking a Digital Project Manager who wants to further their career and knowledge in an expanding, fast-paced, innovative Digital agency. Brave is an exciting Agency that is enjoying growth and the Project Manager role is a key role with key responsibilities to ensure project delivery runs to ensure efficiency, timelines and quality are key priorities he or she believes in. The role will mean joining our team and helping to support our aggressive digital growth strategy. You could be responsible for bringing internal and external processes to life and supporting the ambition of digital delivery being able to support clients and the internal team.
You’ll be well organised and comfortable working on a wide range of digital projects. You will feel at home in client facing situations and have the confidence to approach development task management, traffic and scoping from the client’s business point of view too. There will also be an obvious emphasis on Client Management from time to time to ensure a project or task continues seamlessly throughout its lifecycle and you communicate effectively with respect for the client’s needs from a commercial need.
As a Digital Project Manager you should have a minimum of 2 years’ experience of delivering Web Based Projects, or be passionate about the web and all aspects of digital, interactive and technical development. You will need strong planning skills, excellent interpersonal communication, client management and experience managing expectations.
You’ll have strong time management and organisational traits in order to maintain budget and timelines and have the ability to manage a team diverse in personality and skill sets and be strong and confident to encourage and push delivery when it’s needed to avoid projects being delivered late. Presentation skills are essential as the role will be client facing in areas and you’ll need to show confidence at all times to encourage confidence in the development team. The ability to be flexible and a forward thinker is a must and be open minded about looking at a client’s brief in as many dimensions as possible.
You will have the support of a Technical Lead Developer and a Junior Project Coordinator to scope and help you plan each segment of the project, but ultimately it will be your responsibility to deliver all projects on time or provide full transparency of risks either at the start of a project or well in advance of a potential issue arising – thus to avoid the agency having to over deliver or not meet deadlines.
As a Digital PM you will manage client communications on a day-to-day basis to identify and accomplish goals, lead projects and initiate discovery and planning of client engagements including requirements gathering, scoping, budgeting and scheduling, develop key scope documents, lead and identify synergies between design, technical and SEM implementation as well as controlling and control project budgets, timelines and resource allocations.
Ideally you will have agency experience as well as a strong Project Management background leading digital web projects. The role is highly client facing and we will expect you to demonstrate strong client management skills and business acumen to ensure over-delivery is avoided or mitigated.
What will I be doing and what do I need?
- As a Project Manager, you will report directly to the Operations Manager and support in the delivery of a wide range of digital web projects, feature requests and support requests for customers.
- Break down projects and allocate tasks for the development team into methodically labelled segments to ensure each part of the project can be fully understood by the team whilst monitoring timeframes when the team are slipping. This in turn will need early warning discussions and ultimately client communication to assess the impact on a project becoming late.
- Work alongside the Junior Project Coordinator to ensure that all projects are delivered to specification and on time.
- You will need to ensure you hold regular project reviews are kept on top of daily and at the end of each week hold status meetings with internal stakeholders the digital, design and dev teams, making sure work is completed to the highest of standards by the digital and development departments.
- Interpret client briefs, write documentation, scope requirements and provide estimates of work when required to a high standard.
- Ensure Project Delivery has a clear QA/UAT testing programme for tasks which demand such processes – Delegate this testing process to other members of the agency when possible with a clear scheduled event.
- Take full ownership and responsibility for final quality checks before projects or solutions are delivered.
- Organising and prioritising workload is a key part of this role and providing structure and clarity to the development team, it’s lead and key stakeholders of each department in-house and client side.
- Ensure adherence to the process flow and development guidelines.
- You must be strict with your own time management and avoid jumping onto reactive lesser priority tasks at the risk of higher business priorities slipping.
- Support the entire digital team with the delivery of tasks and projects as required.
- Support and offer key PM insights to the Management team with scoping of digital tasks.
- Attend meetings with new and existing customers (teleconference and face to face) when required and take full notes with clear action points and timeframes scheduled for the client as well as the agency.
- Be mindful of risk when dialoguing with customers and if unsure, be wary of committing to work without first conferring with technical teams.
Monitor and update time reports on a task by task basis and update Management team where required.
- Talk confidently and knowledgeable about digital development as a whole and be prepared to improve any aspect of client communication when necessary.
Skills & Experience
- A passion to deliver the highest standards of work.
- Knowledge of scheduling works, timelines and key milestones.
- Experience managing project roadmaps/gantt charts
- Ability to juggle multiple projects at one time.
- Experience of working within a Digital Agency environment.
- Knowledge of working and delivering WordPress and Shopify websites.
- Strong organisational and time management skills with the ability to support in the management of multiple ongoing projects.
- Being able to communicate with clients, developers and resources on a daily basis
- Hold weekly calls with the Client to provide progress updates and manage expectations whilst updating other departments
- Passion to excel, innovate, and to try cutting-edge ideas.
- Ability to solve website related challenges and to understand high-level technical concepts and respect the commercials from a client’s point of view (cost benefit ratio)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment without compromising yours or the agency’s composure from a professional service point of view.
- A creative approach to problem-solving.
- Natural skillset to manage a daily schedule plan and update all stakeholders
- Have a creative, technical and analytical mindset.
- Carry out project post-mortem to ensure you/the team, takes on board any learning for future projects and prevents any mistakes being repeated to avoid overdelivery.
- Push project delivery advancements to improve delivery as well as introduce and refine processes and documentation.
- Comfortable in alerting Management of any slippage in terms of milestones and or budget, as soon as this becomes evident.
- Ability to communicate effectively in technical and business environments with both colleagues and clients.
- This role requires someone who has the ability to work to strict deadlines.
- A team player mentality, approachable and a positive, can-do attitude.
- Ideally have Prince 2 certification and experience in using project management methodologies.